Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why isn't Maximilian Kohler shown on the movie Angels and Demons?

I viewed the full cast and crew of the movie on IMDB but I didn't see his name, on other movie review sites too. Is he in the movie? If not, why is he not shown?|||Wow, I just looked it up in IMDB and you're right.





The move is not an exact re-creation of the novel. The screenwriters/director/production team chose not to include him.





It is common for them to do this sort of thing a famous recent example is eliminating Tom Bombadil from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. He was perhaps the 4th most popular character in the trilogy, but he was not in the movie





Perhaps it is because the legal team wanted to eliminate the possibility of litigation, It is one thing to say there were some scientists that worked at CERN, but anoother to say the Director of CERN





or it may be because he simply didn't fit.|||I first looked on IMDB too -- and I couldn't find him! I wanted to know what actor they could ever find to play that character. Kohler was a great distracting character and I wish they had kept him for the movie. Ah, Hollywood. Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment